How can you supercharge your organization’s TA timeline, catch great candidates before the competition does, build trust with your hiring team, and support your strategic recruiting goals?
The power is right at your fingertips: just share strategically chosen recruiting metrics with hiring managers.
In this session of the “Let's Talk Recruiting” series, Checkster Community Manager and Recruiting Work Community host Sean Rehder joins panelists Andy Loyd of Sonatype, Melisa Medrano of NGM Biopharmaceuticals, and Devin Parrish of CSC Generation to discuss how harnessing recruiting metrics can achieve multiple goals:
- Developing the quickest, most efficient route to finding best-fit candidates and hiring them before the competition does.
- Communicating current and long-term recruiting metrics and trends to hiring managers and teams to build trust and solve problems.
- Helping the TA and hiring teams self-evaluate their effectiveness far beyond standard recruiting activity stats.
Watch the webinar here to find out the 5 most important recruiting metrics that every TA leader should know:
What Recruiting Metrics To Track And Which To Share
The panelists shared their experiences about why and how to share specific recruiting metrics with hiring managers and business leaders.
Do you have these data points and reports tracked and ready to share?
- Insightful candidate recruiting efficiency ratios, featuring recruiting metrics such as offers per number of candidates presented, how far candidates made it through the screening/interviewing process, and more,
- Submission-to-hire timelines, including the number of steps and time in between,
- Reports that show when candidates failed or dropped out, and where bottlenecks occurred that impacted candidate retention (e.g., if hiring managers delayed scheduling interviews but the competing employer didn’t),
- Diversity and inclusion metrics, trends, and problem areas -- and whether these satisfied the D&I strategic goals,
- Compensation intelligence reports to increase hiring team response times for key candidates and positions,
- Real-time tracking in weekly scorecards and longer term quarterly trends analysis (and why numbers are better than bar and pie charts),
- Candidate experience satisfaction survey results,
- … Find out more in the webinar recording above.
How Recruiting Metrics Can Improve The Bottom Line
The panelists also shared lessons about why finding trends and correlations within recruiting metrics is valuable:
- Improving efficiency: Find out why presenting fewer candidates is the smarter approach.
- Filling the funnel: Learn how many candidates really are needed to meet the company’s open positions.
- Finding a conversation starter: Hear first-hand how recruiting metrics can open discussions with hiring managers, teams and business leaders to streamline the hiring process and hit strategic recruiting goals.
- Better processes through better communications: How tracking and sharing stats helped a startup reduce the chaos and save wasted time filling vital positions.
Start Tracking Your Own Recruiting Metrics
Checkster is happy to provide all the metrics templates you need to get started!
- Download this snapshot Talent Acquisition Metrics Template here to instantly create a powerful recruiting metrics dashboard to track all your important recruiting metrics.
- Try this easy to use Weekly Recruiting Scorecard to jump into tracking summaries of open reqs and their funnel statistics by recruiter, business unit, or source of hire.
- Summarize quarterly performance using this Company Quarterly Hiring Overview template to track headcount, new hires, terminations and more by location, management level and more.
Next Step: How to Impact Your Recruiting Metrics.
Checkster offers digital solutions that provide powerful recruiting metrics in key areas for hiring the best and most diverse candidates.
Quickly reduce cost-per-hire:
Checkster's Reference Insights tool automates the reference checking process, saving recruiters more than an hour per candidate checked. If you're including the cost of staff time (and you if you aren't you should be) in your cost per hire calculation, this is one easy implementation that could reduce your cost-per-hire metric.
Improve your time-to-fill:
Checkster's Reference Insights tool automates the reference checking process, bringing in more reference feedback in less time. On average, Checkster clients cut the reference check process down from 6-7 days to 2 days.
Checkster's New Hire Insights allows you to extend beyond the hiring decision and check in on new hires from their first day and throughout their first year. Consolidated feedback from the new hire, the manager and the entire team provides data points to help you uncover important insights regarding the recruiting process, any onboarding issues, job expectations, and even risk of voluntary turnover.
Ready to see how our tools can work for you? Sign up for a free, customized demo here.