Are Organizations’ Reference Check Non Participation Policies A Waste of Time?

     

It’s understandable why companies hold a policy against employees completing reference checks—it can waste productivity and result in a potential liability. However, people are not perfect and when asked, 99% of the 742 employees we surveyed said they would still participate in a confidential online reference check.

Here at Checkster, when we provide digital reference checks to organizations we typically have a 75%+ participation rate. That leaves a question for the 25% who don’t respond, are they due to respect of policies or lack of time? traveling..?  We don’t know, but we know that hiring managers get great insights from their reference check reports and organizations are not seen as negligent.

2017-10-30_15-42-10.png

About The Author

Yves Lermusi (aka Lermusiaux) is CEO & co-founder of Checkster. Mr. Lermusi is a well known public speaker and a Career and Talent industry commentator. He is often quoted in the leading business media worldwide, including Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Business Week, and Time Magazine. His articles and commentary are published regularly in online publications and business magazines. Mr. Lermusi was named one of the “100 Most Influential People in the Recruiting Industry” and his blog has been recognized as the best third party blog.