- Assess candidates and make offers in the same day (Intuit)
- Grit and potential are often valued over education
- How can employers identify future top performers?
Traits to attract according to:
- Accenture: Creativity, willingness to work hard, and love of learning
- Egon Zehnder (executive level):
- Curiosity—openness to learn and new ideas
- Capability to adapt and deal with constant disruption and chaos
- Willingness to learn about yourself, openness to feedback and to adapting yourself
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber: Tech skills + understanding of customer needs. Make it a new business model (i.e. “people who can figure out how customers can text pickup requests to a taxi company and people who can conceive of an Uber or a Lyft”)
- Robert Half: soft skills and leadership abilities
- Google: SAT scores, schools, majors
- A reason, a cause, a human connection.
While reading this article, one thing made an impression at the end, is that HR can help leadership to express that “whole human side” which is needed to attract and retain great people.
At Checkster we expressed it in a short video, and yes all organizations have one.
Full article here.